SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Thankful I don't live in Texas

Cherryfizz
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I sure do feel for the people of Texas and for what my KT Texas friends are going through. I may not live in Texas and not affected by the Hurricane but boy of boy we got some heavy record breaking rainfall last night and today. Storm sewers couldn't keep up, streets flooded, yards flooded, and 8 inches of water in my basement again! Last September we had a bad storm and same thing happened. My insurance company cancelled my flood insurance which would kind of be okay because I really have nothing down my unfinished basement. I remember my Dad saying no basement in Riverside should be finished. This time though the water was high enough to get to my washer, dryer and furnace which is up on blocks. Water heater is still working though. I won't go down the basement until the water recedes because I fear I might get a shock now the appliances are under water. Some of the major streets near me were impassable. My sister in law still can't get home because of the water, my niece had to abandon her car and walk home through the water. The best part of all, our City Council last night passed a $3 million dollar bill to put up Christmas lights in a city park that none of us living in this end of town will go see. The storm sewers obviously can't keep up with the water so spend the money so they will. If we had a large amount of rainfall last September and much more this August what could it be like next summer. Rant over. Unlike the people of some parts of Texas at least I am dry under my roof.

Comments (15)