SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dimitriu_sabina

Help with ID-ing cactus and succulent + advice

Hello!
I'm pretty new to the world of plants, but after successfully keeping alive a 2.5 EUR Dracena Marginata from IKEA for 3 years I got a little more confidence and starting hoarding all sorts of green-leafed little friends.
I have trouble identifying this little cactus here:

I am pretty sure it will be something that looks completely different as an adult, which is why I couldn't pinpoint it exactly when browsing through google. It also looks a bit shriveled, I have recently put it in a more cacti-friendly soil and I think it is underwatered:

Also, I have another „dollar acquisition” which I THINK is a sort of frilly echeveria:

That guy had it hard in the beginning because I overwatered it and one side got really yellow so I had to discard a lot of leaves. It is doing better now - I think. It just stays the same, no growth no nothing.
I have them both for 2.5 months. The cactus was growing steadily until last month. I had repotted it first thing after buying because it was circling in its small pot, but I had not discarded the old soil. A couple of weeks ago I checked its roots and they were still exactly as when I repotted it - curled up around the old soil, no extensions or new growths. I have untangled the thing and put it in new soil (potting mix + coarse sand + perlite). Hopefully it will do better!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting