SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bryce_hanaguchi

Drooping Yucca Cane (elephantipes) and Rubber Tree question

bryce hanaguchi
6 years ago

Hi, my taller yucca cane has drooping, curling, and yellow leaves while the shorter one is thriving. I water thoroughly every 10 days or so, once the top 3 in. of soil is dry. Does anyone know what this means? I think it means the tall stalk has roots that go deeper, and I'm not letting the soil down there dry properly while the roots of the short stalk stay dry in the shallow areas of soil (more favorable for this species). Should I water it even less than once every 10 days? Should I not soak the soil? I use distilled water and the soil is whatever it was originally potted in.

Second less pressing question is about my burgundy rubber tree. When I first got it, a new leaf would grow every few weeks, but it hasn't grown at all in a couple months now. It looks healthy and the leaves are a good color with no discolored tips, but the top leaves are angling upwards like it wants more sunlight? I heard these things can grow up to 3 feet in a year, but I've only seen a couple leaves so I'm a little worried I'm doing something wrong. I don't know the term for it, but the reddish tips where new leaves grow/emerge from have not shown any growth in months. Is it hibernating or something? Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH