SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ga99

backsplash: back painted glass or acrylic

ga99
6 years ago

The cabinets were just painted white. The countertops are ordered. I finally decided to go with the pearl soapstone laminate by wilsonart. I want to keep the cost low so I hoped to use acrylic as a backsplash. I have contacted many companies that people have posted on Houzz. Unfortunately, only one said that I can use it behind my oven. The back of the oven comes up pretty high. My contractor feels like it would not be a problem with heat. A fantastic rep with 3Form has emailed me back and forth with each question and said she totally gets why I want it and some reps would probably say it's fine but she says no.

So, I don't really want to pay for back painted glass. I thought about DIY'ing the project but not sure about getting holes cut for the outlets. I can't even get the local suppliers of glass to contact me back to even get prices.

Countertop install will be complete next week or early Sept. I am eager to order something so it can all be installed together. I need some suggestions fast?

I saw a few people use aluminum behind the ovens and acrylic on the sides. Some pics look good but I love that streamlined look. I really don't know what to do.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!