SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

I witnessed a horrible accident today :(

Chi
6 years ago

And I can't stop thinking about it. I was picking my car up from the dealership, and I was standing outside browsing on my phone. The road next to the dealership is a two way street where people tend to go fast, and there's a sharp curve near where I was. I heard that awful squealing of a car going fast and slamming on their brakes, and I remember closing my eyes and thinking "no no no" and hoping I wouldn't hear a crash. Unfortunately, there was a crash, and it was very loud.

I rushed over and saw a car upside down, with the cab of the car completely caved in. I think it skidded upside down into the concrete curb. A ton of people rushed over but I couldn't see what was happening. I called 911 right away and within a few minutes there were tons of police and firefighters and ambulances. I started to get a bad feeling when I saw the firefighters really taking their time to put on their gear and get their stuff out of the truck. Other people were stating how slow they were. The paramedics brought the stretcher out, but returned it empty a few minutes later. Then there was yellow tape put up around the car, and some of the paramedics left. I left shortly afterwards, when I got myself together again enough to drive home.

I don't know for sure but I assume the occupants of the car did not survive. I'm really shaken by it, and it's just a stark reminder of how fragile life is. That person was just driving along and all of a sudden... I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to help process it as I haven't witnessed anything like this before. Thoughts or prayers for the family would be appreciated. I think they had devastating news delivered today.

Comments (28)