Astrology and the solar eclipse

bossyvossy

30 years ago, in the early days of cable, I caught wind of an astrology show broadcast from Germany, I think. They worked really hard to add credibility and legitimacy to astrology by throwing in a lot of math, as well and mixing in astronomy.

this morning, as I was getting ready for the viewing, this show came to mind. I realized I saw nothing anywhere about astrology/eclipse. I guess it's fallen out of favor. However, for your reading pleasure, here is something I found.

Your eclipse predictions

The moon will conjunct the sun, causing a new moon and a solar eclipse in Leo on Aug. 21. According to astrologer Donna Page, all signs will feel the moon’s bossy moment. She predicts we’ll be struggling between duty and desire, questioning the status quo and our personal direction as the heavens flip the script. Page told Women’s Health, “It is a good idea to take the time to reprogram the human GPS, to see if one is driving to the destination they want or…driving on autopilot.”

Aries (Mar. 21-April 20)

Fearless, feisty rams will charge through Monday (Aug. 21) with trailblazing grace and enthusiasm, hoping to somehow turn the eclipse into a competition they might win. That may be tough.

Taurus (April 21-May 20)

Earthy bulls will be especially unsettled by the dramatic upset to routine. Breathe deep and try to remember you can’t control planets. Eclipses don’t happen often, and earth will not fall off its axis if you gaze heavenward and enjoy the show.

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

Talkative twins should be sure to pick up special solar glasses and a filter for their cameras before heading out to try to catch a glimpse. This is your day to shine despite the darkness. Tweet freely, connect to your heart’s content. People will have a higher-than-usual tolerance for your tendency to know everything.

Cancer (June 21-July 20)

Comfort-loving Cancers should gather their clans close to home, and try to enjoy the unusual day. Crowds aren’t your thing, and eclipse parties are bound to be full of strangers wearing strange glasses. Don’t risk it—you know how moody you get.

Leo (July 21-Aug. 20)

Mighty lions might be miffed by the moon rising rudely before your star, the sun. You can roar, but make sure not to do so at the office because it could have post-eclipse consequences. Be brave, as is your wont. Fear not this dark day.

Virgo (Aug. 21-Sept. 20)

Rule-following Virgos know how to spot fake solar eclipse glasses, and are equipped with extras for friends to enjoy the event safely too. You may be the zodiac’s virgin, but you’re no innocent, and you’re ready for anything.

Libra (Sept. 21-Oct. 20)

Balanced scales will wish they could talk some sense into the moon, or negotiate with nature. You will have to make peace with the fact that the eclipse isn’t going to make for a peaceful day. Justice will be swift, however, and by Tuesday (Aug. 22) order will be restored.

Scorpio (Oct. 21-Nov. 20)

Secretive scorpions love a mystery, and eclipse darkness will add an element of suspense to this special day. Still, don’t do anything too slippery, like sneaking away from work to stare skyward if you’re actually needed on the night shift. All other Scorpios—have a super sly time.

Sagittarius (Nov. 21-Dec. 20)

Adventurous archers will probably be somewhere in the path of totality, anticipating this exciting break from the same old same-old light-during-the-day thing. You’re all about unique experiences, and this is one you can share with millions of people.

Capricorn (Dec. 21-Jan. 20)

Driven mountain goats may be derailed by a day so disruptive, though you’ve probably been planning for the eclipse for months. You like simple, reliable things—like schedules, and a sun that lights the sky all day. Rely on your reserves of goat stoicism to get through this.

Aquarius (Jan. 21-Feb. 20)

Weirdo water-bearers with their avant-garde ways will enjoy the oddball energy of the eclipse. You’ll be inspired by the unusual and could have many new, innovative ideas. From the darkness will come light.

Pisces (Feb. 19-Mar. 20)

Fans of the fantastical, fish will love this eclipse, with all its weirdness. You’re the oldest soul in the zodiac, and this day should go swimmingly for you, dreamy Pisces.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DawnInCal

Those were interesting to read, bossyvossy. I wonder how close they were to the experiences the various birth signs had watching the eclipse. While I don't pay much attention to my horoscope, I have to admit sometimes it's uncanny how accurate it can be.

Save    
bossyvossy

I used to read them, with a curiosity similar to those who read obits or the police blotter, but I lost interest. However, I think about my family and their respective astral signs and will sometimes explain their behavior as being a typical Virgo or Pisces, or whatever.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Of the two things in the thread's heading, one is entirely real and factual and the other is entirely made-up fiction.

2 Likes Save    
bossyvossy

Elmer, that sounds like what a Taurus would say...

1 Like Save    
Elizabeth

bossyvossy: Hilarious reply!

Save    
chisue

Balderdash! (LOL)

Save    
bob_cville

I have never understood why astrologers would go to the effort to learn the constellations and when they will appear in the sky, and where relative to the constellations the planets can be found, without then also learning that the locations of the planets are predictable because of the physics of mass and gravity. And the same math that will determine where the planets will be, also clearly shows that the gravitational influence exerted on you by any of the non-earth planets is significantly less than that exerted on you by a large truck driving past your house.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw

Horoscope wise, close your eyes and pick another sign and start reading that one and astonishingly you will be amazed at how it fits your life.

I am endlessly amazed that even astronomers will talk about the sky as if constellations exist in fact rather than imagination and planets being where they are mean anything at all. I shocked my mothers socks off many years ago by speaking slightingly of astrology. I never knew she believed it. We have such an exaggerated view of our importance in the universe that we think the very stars align for our information.

Save    
nickel_kg

Astrology was more popular 30 years ago ... Nancy Regan was into it, wasn't she? Yikes.

Save    
vicsgirl

I always read my horoscope, but take it with a grain of salt. yes, they are very general, all-purpose. I like mine better when it says good things will happen. Besides being born a Scorpio, i am an Optimist.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Houzzers Watch the Eclipse From Coast to Coast
Protective eye gear in place, eclipse viewers photographed the historic event. Check out their pictures!
Full Story
Entertaining Houzz Call: Share Your Eclipse Party Photos!
Are you in the path of totality? Please post pictures and tell us how you're viewing from your home or neighborhood
Full Story
Life 6 Ways to Make the Most of the Weekend
Freshen up your garden, renew family bonds, explore your community and more
Full Story