SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grue42

Appropriate Refund for Cabinet Order Failure? HD

V
6 years ago

Hello,

I recently ordered all-ply painted Kraftmaid cabinets from Home Depot. They are beautiful, I was very happy with everything. I sent pictures of the few factory/shipping defects to my KD asking if it was normal, or damaged. She sent them to KM who came right out to inspect and replace pieces he deemed damaged. (Let me tell you, he was pickier than I was). Replacements came quickly, and were gorgeous.

So it turns out, the wrong end panel was ordered. It was a design error in 2020, the math does not work out. HD and I had some back and forth (with a little math lesson) for 2 weeks due to manager/KD schedules. Everyone was very nice, I offered to split a cost of the correct piece instead of the "fix" offered, and it turned out HD covered the full cost of the correct piece. Great - it should be here in 2 weeks. Confirmed ordered.
So I would be 1 month delayed. I cannot proceed in the installation (DIY) (No counters, no progress, etc) without this piece.

I called HD to get an estimated delivery date after the 2 weeks, and (eventually) I was told apparently it was cancelled and unreported.

It will be 3 weeks to delivery of the part. So now this is a total of a 2 month (8 week) delay - assuming on-time delivery.

The HD KD covering for my KD (who is currently out) has said there will be "some kind of compensation" But I don't know what that means.

I am reaching out to see what people think is a "reasonable compensation" for a two month delay, or even just the 4 week "ordering" mistake that was made. I don't want to be unreasonable, I understand that delays happen - but this seems like it was totally avoidable. Yes, I could wait for their offer but I like to be prepared. I would appreciate input, especially if anyone has experienced this and can share what they were offered.

Thank you!

Comments (16)