If memory serves right, Happy Birthday Jasdip
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Happy birthday to our very own Ruthanna!
Comments (33)Happy Birthday Ruthanna!! I hope you enjoy your day even if you do have to cook. LOl. I look forward to seeing your food, but for me, I always love whatever dishes and such you use. You make some of my favorite place settings. Enjoy!...See MoreHappy Memorial Day Weekend! What's Cookin'?
Comments (30)Sweet corn here is from Florida and it was not bad at 20 cents an ear. I put an ear in the microwave. It was 95f here yesterday, 91F the day before and we had a three day yard sale thursday, Friday and Saturday, so no cooking then either. I didn't cook one darned thing this weekend except pancakes for Bud and Makayla, who spent the weekend. Other than that we ate ice cream and cold sandwiches and the kids ran through the sprinkler while I planted artichokes and tomatoes and took a break every five minutes to stand in the sprinkler! I have two flats of tomatoes at the farm, that's 96 plants, a mix of Rutgers and Bonny Best. Here in my raised beds at the house I've limited myself to two of each variety I planted except the white tomatoes. I planted two Cherokee Purple, although they never do particularly well. Also two Pineapple, two Big Rainbow, two Golden Jubilee, two SunGold, two Mortgage lifter and a dozen of the as yet unidentified "white" tomato. Mother saved seeds from last year, I bought a container of tomato plants from the 4H kids last year that were simply labelled "white". They were one of the best tomatoes I've ever eaten, so this year I have a dozen plants, LOL. I think they may be White Queen or something similar, a beefsteak type tomato. I started two dozen artichokes inside about March, no one I know in Michigan has ever grown artichokes successfully so of course I have to try. I don't have air conditioning and the pool isn't quite clean yet, so it was way too hot to cook, even outside. Too hot to eat too. Annie...See MoreHappy Memorial Day everyone!
Comments (18)Jasdip, Of course you only meant to pass on good wishes. I wouldn't ever think you were belittling or minimizing the day's meaning. chisue has it right, retailers make any opportunity to sell sell sell and so many Americans ignore or really don't know the real meaning of the day. bengardening, My condolences for the losses you have suffered over the past few years. I will pray you can find solace and remember the happier moments of your shared times. It is inevitable Death will eventually take all we love in time if it doesn't come for us first. Our only chance is that we might live full, enriching lives and pass on something special to others. Your father was a hero as are your husband and son. The releasing of the water from the dams is awful for so many people and it is not taken lightly by those who had to make this decision. Fact is it would be devastating and possibly deadly for many more should the dams burst (still a distinct possibility). This way, with warning, at least people are able to get affairs in order and take what they want from the planned flooding area. Nothing like a flash flood, a tsunami, a Cat 5 tornado, an earthquake or a wind whipped wildfire to make you see the better side of this. LIL...See MoreHappy Memorial Day
Comments (18)I live directly across the street from the city cemetery. Lots of people visiting there and bringing flowers all weekend. Because of the threat of rain, the city did not let the volunteers put flags at the graves of veterans. Said it is too hard to dry out the flags. Also cancelled the small parade this morning and moved the program from the cemetery to the city auditorium. Then it didn't rain at all and got sunny and warm. Last night I watched the program from Washington, D.C. and got teary eyed hearing the stories of some of the families who had lost their husbands and fathers in recent wars....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

GREAT DESIGNERSHappy Birthday to the Saarinens! Design Words of Wisdom to Celebrate
Eero and Eliel Saarinen share a birthday and the design world's admiration. Let's consider some of their insight in honor of the day
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESLearn When to Splurge for True Design Happiness
Sometimes treating yourself is exactly right — despite that whole impracticality thing
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Happy Days Are Here Again in a Miami Apartment
The colors of Biscayne Bay, an owner’s fond memories and the groovy spirit of the 1970s inspire a bright redesign
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Houseplant-Happy in a Boho-Style D.C. Home
Neutral walls serve as a backdrop to this family’s easygoing, eclectic decorating style
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSay 'I Do' to Beautiful Wedding Memory Displays
You'll love and cherish these creative vignettes, artwork and more that keep the happiness of your special day at hand
Full Story
BEDROOMSThe Right Mattress: The Secret to a Great Night’s Sleep
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so investing in a quality mattress is essential. Check out this expert advice to help you choose yours
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEHouzz Tour: Renovation Preserves Memories in a Rustic Lake Cabin
A Minnesota lake house remodel updates the home while keeping the beauty of the original structure, built by a parent
Full Story
KITCHEN MAKEOVERSRoom of the Day: Happy Retro Style for a Family Kitchen
Homeowners and designer work together to create a vintage 1940s look for this New Jersey home
Full Story
DREAM SPACESA Northern California Tree House Makes Memories
Designed with utmost respect for the tree cradling it, a cozy house gives overnighters an experience to cherish
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLHow Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story




TulsaRose