SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vpaxton

Logistic HELP finding correct frameless barndoor sliding shower door

vpaxton
6 years ago

We want to add a frameless barndoor type sliding shower door to our alcove 60" tub/shower combo. The shower head/tub spout is on the right side, on the same side as the toilet, so entry will be made on the left side of the tub (so you don't have to step over the toilet). Therefore, the permanent door would go on the right (shower side) and the sliding part/handle where you get in would go on the left. I can find doors that can be installed either way, but everything I see, regardless of which side is permanent and which side is sliding, the sliding door seems to be positioned to slide on the inside track. In that case, the shower water is likely to shoot through the gap in the overlap because it is overlapping the wrong direction. I need to have the permanent door on the inside of the shower. I hope this makes sense. We've looked at pivoting doors, center openings, butterfly openings and hinged options but we really like the doors with the rollers on the top (barn door). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)