SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Adapting buttoned blouse design to non-buttoned.

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a sleeveless blouse pattern that has buttons on the front, all the way from the V neckline to the hem. I am not good at buttonholes and my skills are rusty. I tried one on another piece and it was not attractive. I used the buttonhole setting on my machine.

I know there are alternatives like loops with buttons, snap strips, etc., but really, I’d like to keep it as simple as possible and to save time and labor. I’d like to pull the blouse over my head. I have 4 blouses to make.

The variables that would affect being able to do that are the size of the neckline (This is a V neck so I think that would be fine) and how fitted the bodice is.

This design IS fairly fitted, with darts from the sides and gathers at a front yoke.

Does anyone know :

What are the standards / size parameters to determine if these is enough ease to pull a blouse over the head and down the body?

Have any alternative fastening ideas, if I have to stay with the front opening design?

I have a purchased sleeveless top that is also V neck, also fitted. That has a zipper about 6” long under one arm going toward the hem. I’ve never been sure if that was necessary. A side zipper I can handle. But if I don’t have to use one, I’d prefer not.

Thanks for your advice.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions