SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bostonoak

Car purchase & loan advice needed

bostonoak
6 years ago

I'm in the Boston area.

I've only owned one car which I'm about to dump. I paid cash for this car when I bought it in 2001.

I now want to buy a Toyota Camry from a dealership. I'm looking to buy one that is not older than 3 years.

I've spoken to my regular bank where I have my savings and checking account. They give out car loans. If one has a very good credit score (I do) the best rate one can get is 2.49%.

My questions:

1) Is 2.49% a good rate? Or is there another place I can go that would give me a better rate?

2) I'm thinking of buying my car in New Hampshire to avoid paying sales tax. Is this a wise strategy?

3) My old car is a 1990 Jetta. The only reason I'm dumping it is that it is seriously rusted on the floor, especially under the driver's seat. But the engine is still good. I took good care of the car but didn't realize that the bottom had gotten some serious rust. Other than taking this car to a junkyard, is there anyway I can get anything for it or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Please give me any tips you may have. I don't know much about cars since I've only owned one.

I'll appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert