SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 7 - 28 - 17

User
6 years ago

Karl Popper Quotes
Austrian - Philosopher July 28, 1902 - September 17, 1994

We have become makers of our fate when we have ceased to pose as its prophets.
Karl Popper

Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.
Karl Popper

In so far as a scientific statement speaks about reality, it must be falsifiable; and in so far as it is not falsifiable, it does not speak about reality.
Karl Popper

Science may be described as the art of systematic over-simplification.
Karl Popper

Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.
Karl Popper

Those who promise us paradise on earth never produced anything but a hell.
Karl Popper

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.
Karl Popper

Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again.
Karl Popper

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.
Karl Popper

Science must begin with myths, and with the criticism of myths.
Karl Popper

We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason than that only freedom can make security secure.
Karl Popper

Piecemeal social engineering resembles physical engineering in regarding the ends as beyond the province of technology.
Karl Popper

There is no history of mankind, there are only many histories of all kinds of aspects of human life. And one of these is the history of political power. This is elevated into the history of the world.
Karl Popper

Jim Davis Quotes
American - Cartoonist Born: July 28, 1945

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.
Jim Davis

Good morning is a contradiction of terms.
Jim Davis

You'd have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us.
Jim Davis

Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat.
Jim Davis

There are so many opportunities in life, that the loss of two or three capabilities is not necessarily debilitating. A handicap can give you the opportunity to focus more on art, writing, or music.
Jim Davis

Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.
Jim Davis

Cats are anthropomorphised in art because they are so laid back that you automatically attribute human thoughts and feelings to them.
Jim Davis

My dream in life is to write the one gag that makes everyone in the world laugh.
Jim Davis

I'm still a farm boy at heart. If I hadn't suffered from asthma as a child, I would be a farmer today.
Jim Davis

Usually I commit to something in my head and then I start drawing.
Jim Davis

Cats rule the world.
Jim Davis

You have to do something when you're lying in bed. So you play with your mind.
Jim Davis

Readers have told me that their children have learned to read after years of struggle after starting to read Garfield's comic strip and many people who have moved to the United States have said that they, too, learned English by reading Garfield.
Jim Davis

The understatement is the English contribution to comedy.
Jim Davis

I thought if I could create a convincing cat I could say and do anything I wanted on the human condition.
Jim Davis

I didn't have a whole lot of success getting dates, I was always a bit of a geek.
Jim Davis

I probably get more inspiration for human stories and idiosyncrasies than I do animal stories.
Jim Davis

I can go everywhere and no one recognises me.
Jim Davis

I was in and out of comas until I was nine and I would lose entire days and weeks. The novelty of being able to really do stuff hasn't worn off - I still feel like I'm making up for lost time.
Jim Davis

When you're through with your cat, you can't throw it in the trash.
Jim Davis

I stop short of being a workaholic.
Jim Davis

I was very happy and honored to create the Professor Garfield Foundation with Ball State to make reading fun.
Jim Davis

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions