SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angela_smith7792

Builder painting: eggshell vs. flat, upcharges ... no good options

6 years ago

We are in a bit of a predicament regarding the paint for our new 2,000 sq. ft ranch house. These are our options (our only options):

1. Builder paints all walls and ceilings SW Dover White - FLAT (included/no upcharge)

2. Builder paints all walls and ceilings any color our our choice - FLAT ($1,000 upcharge). We could get in to paint kids rooms and ceilings throughout the build.

3. Builder paints all walls and ceilings any color our our choice - EGGSHELL ($1,000 for the color of our choice + $2,000 upcharge for eggshell = $3,000). Eggshell is hand rolled vs. flat is sprayed - hence the upcharge.

4. I suppose we could do a combination of Dover White flat all walls and ceilings - Eggshell color of our choice at walls and ceilings. Not sure on pricing, but I'd guess in the $3000 range.

We originally picked option #2. However, we didn't realize it was flat paint until just yesterday. We are a family with two young boys and I'm worried about flat paint
throughout and sticky little fingers. Obviously we'd prefer the painting to be done before we move in since there won't be cabinets/trim. If we painted ourselves, we'd only have a long weekend to do so since there's a tight turnaround when the cabinets and trim go in. Help me pick the best "bad"
choice!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio