SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sgander

Finishing touches on new apartment

sgander
6 years ago

We've just moved into a beautiful apartment and some of our furniture is new, some is old... and some is Ikea.

I need help in pulling the look together mostly in the living room. The coffee table at the moment is made of two halves of Ikea's Vittsjo side tables with a large black tray between to make it look more "designer"! It works well, and we like it but I feel the side tables on each side of the sofa now look too small without their extensions.

Should we invest in a beautiful new coffee table? If so what kind would work? Gold and glass? Black wood?

Or should we leave it as it is as we both like the look, but buy more Vittsjo to finish the side tables. But in that case, would it be Vittsjo overkill as the shelves on each side of the piano are also Vittsjo!?

I also need a rug under the coffee table: cow, furry, black? And curtains for the long sliding doors that open onto the terrace and a matching blind for the small side window. I've always thought curtains are old-fashioned but I think this room looks unfinished without. Have never had any so not sure where to start: colour, style, texture, print?

The kitchen island needs a light fixture but I'm stuck as the dining table nearby will have the three Tom Dixon beats (not put up yet) so I don't want to overdo the lighting there.

Any advice on the above would be great!

Comments (162)