SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Help me pick bar stools please

caligirl5
6 years ago

Hi folks, I'm wrapping up my kitchen remodel and need to pick bar stools. They'll be the first thing you see entering the kitchen, and I expect them to get a lot of use. So comfort and aesthetics are both important. I'm pretty price conscious after spending so much on the remodel, but I don't want to waste money on something I'm not happy with.

For comfort I'm looking at upholstered stools that swivel (because they'll be bar height). The perfect stool would be a pretty color to break up all the neutral, but it's really hard to find something other than gray and tan.

Here's my kitchen, apologies for all the clutter under the bar. It's a 1915 craftsman bungalow. I struggled to get a photo with colors looking right---they change a lot during the day with all the sunlight. The walls are BM Edgecomb Gray and upper cabinets are antique white.

I like these from Houzz a lot, but hesitate to spend $430 on something hard to return without seeing/sitting in person first.

Four Hands Metro Julie:

These are $300 from Costco:

Pastel Furniture from Amazon $300

West Elm $350. Not sure if the more MCM look is good or bad in my kitchen. Would be fun to get blue.

Sunpan Modern Ariana- this dark gray is $300 at Lamps Plus. Not sure if gray works with the warm tones in my kitchen

What would you guys pick? Other options I should look at?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)