SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Help me pick counter stools

smalloldhouse_gw
3 years ago

I'm stumped about one of the few final purchases for our remodel/addition (minus a few lingering to-dos, including window treatments and extending the backsplash). Counters are Silestone Lagoon (so white with some subtle grey veining), cabinets are a darkish greige, hardware is a mix of pewter and antique brass. This spot will be used frequently by two 6ft-plus teenagers so a full back and some kind of upholstery (ideally easily cleaned) would be best.

I've looked at various leather or faux leather stools but I can't quite get the color right - the white/ivories all look too yellow, and the various gray or taupe stools are close but probably not quite the right color.

I thought I'd narrowed my options with the Ballard Dayna stools (faux Chippendale, seat fabric can be changed) but the shipping date keeps getting pushed out and I don't think we're inclined to wait any longer. Fwiw, it's a small house and this is what you see as you walk in the front door, so I'd be willing to invest more than I might otherwise.

Comments (21)