SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vibi

Can these 15 year old peace lillies be saved ?

vibi
6 years ago

A year ago, they were huge... over four times their size now and blooming at least twice a year.

We have no idea what happened. They were very happy for over 15 years in the living room's shade with light from the North, and watering every week.

We came home after a few days winter vacation (they had not been left without watering), and found them completely limp, litteraly reaching for the floor. So we just watered as we noticed, and although they came back up for a few weeks, leaves were turning black and dying one by one.

After a few months of the same, I thought I was losing them, and so repotted them in the same size pot (they were still bigger at the time), with new potting soil and change their spot that winter, to one that gets heavily filtered light from a South facing window.

Since then... all of the old leaves have died and new leaves have still been turning black, as soon as they get big enough... the tip blackens and the whole thing eventually dries up.

These dwarf plants are what I've been left with for the past few months... (I'm still expecting all of those leaves to dry up too, though!!!)

The larger one always look limp... no matter if I reduce or increase the watering (tried both)

I'm planning on repotting them again, in smaller pots (again with new potting mix). Anything else I could do to make them better/save them?

Thank you in advance for any answers as to what might have happened to them, and/or any advice you can give...

Comments (7)