SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stu2900

Big problems with painter

stu2900
6 years ago

I don't know how to handle this. We are in the finishing stages of a large addition to our house. It includes 2 bathroom, kitchen, and great room. All the wood in our home is stained. We hired a painter whom we've used before. She said she would do the staining also. It's terrible! None of the wood was properly sanded the wood is not sealed. Baseboards, trim and doors are rough to the touch. You could snag clothes on them. We have more painting for her to do, including matching an antique finish in the living room. This is our fault, but we didn't get a quote from her before the job was started. She said she would be fair and we believed her. I honestly would not have a problem with her bill if the job had been done right. I know I need to have her come to the house so I can show her the problems.

My problem is I'm having panic attacks over this. I'm not a confrontational person and dread having to discuss this with her, but somehow this has to be fixed. Do you have any advice for me? I could sure use some.

Comments (4)