SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdpaul1209

Meyer lemon recovery help!

Matt (zone9b)
6 years ago

I have had this Meyer for about a year now and am struggling through this summer. Over the last months the leaves have been yellowing more and more. I thought some chelated iron would help out, but could have been too late. I live in Northern California and it has been really hot 100-110 degrees almost everyday over the last three weeks. My tree gets almost full sun. It is close to the fence and gets pounded by the afternoon sun. Someone suggested I should cut back my watering. I checked my soil with a meter and chose not to water this morning. When I got home it looked wilted and worse than ever. It has been fertilized with the EB Stone citrus food, and I have been pretty good with epson salt watering (every 40-60 days). The soil is a premade organic citrus cactus mix ( I know I should do better, hopefully if I get to repot it). I just took it out of the sun and placed it under my over hang. I am guessing it is a bad bad case of sun burn? I added a pic of my in ground orange tree that looks like it has a little burn too. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot to learn.

Matt

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor