SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
urnesto

Help with Mammy Croton saved from Lowe's clearance aisle

Erin
6 years ago

I saved this croton from Lowe's in late January 2017 as it was in the clearance section (aka left to die section). As you can see in the pictures, they cut off a lot of its leaves and also the tops of the plant's two stems. I was hoping this plant would have some new growth but have not seen any in the past 6 months. I checked it this morning and saw that there are tiny green growths that looks like new leaf growth on the top of each stem next to where Lowe's had cut them. Is this the new growth I have been waiting for? Will this croton be forever this size or be able to grow taller?

This is my first croton; however, as you can see in the pics I have a lot of plants (in total i have over 50) and all of the other 10 plants I saved from Lowe's that day in January have done well and have had lots of new growth and all needed to be replanted because they out grew their pots. The croton has had zero new growth but has also never dropped any leaves. This plant is so small and was so stressed when I got it that I was afraid to repot it and cause it even more shock so I've been waiting it out. But should I repot it? Roots have started to come out of the bottom and when it is watered, the water flows quickly out of the pot. Thank you for any advice you guys can give me! This croton is so cute and I wanna make it as happy and healthy as I can.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional