SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Kitchen layout inspiration

Tmnca
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are buying a 60s house with small even-U shaped kitchen. Due to budget we are not doing any structural (no walls changing and no moving appliance hookups - oven is gas).

A year and half ago we redid our condo kitchen with IKEA and advice from this forum I was able to make a beautiful and functional kitchen. I've been playing around with IKEA kitchen planner and I'm having a hard time making this kitchen work it's so narrow.

The room is 94" wide and the longer wall with fridge is 133", The shorter wall where the portable dishwasher is is 72" to wall corner and the window is 34x34". The door on the left leads to garage and will be replaced with a fire rated sealed door.

The center "aisle" is so narrow I've played with an L shape leaving the short wall blank or adding shallow cabinets on it, adding dishwasher to the left of the sink in that corner. I've also played with no uppers in order to open up the space but then there are only a couple cabinets and no where for glassware etc (and I dislike open shelves for these items - earthquakes, dust and kitchen grease). There is a pantry closet on the other side of the dining area for food storage, at least.

Help!

Comments (69)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz