SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windymess

Beds ready to plant...

So, as I wrote in another thread somewhere, we just completed a big project in our yard, which involved spreading 15 cu. yd. of mulch. We placed a whole bunch of rock -- created a couple of pathways, some dry stream beds to help with drainage, some terracing in beds along the sides of the yard. Then finished cutting the edges and mulching.

This began in May, then life got in the way... so the mulching had to be done in this July heat (never ever again!). Of course, I bought a bunch of plants way-back-when, when I thought we'd be done sooner... so its been a struggle to get this work done, keep everything alive and happy in pots, and stay on top of the weeds that were popping up continually. I know you all understand the work involved in this. I just thought I'd share some 'after' photos... I'm planning to do some planting this weekend, as I've recovered from the slight heat exhaustion I experienced after finishing the mulch last weekend.

Starting from one side of the patio:

Makeshift plant nursery:

Over further... then up the side of the yard...

Back down, off the path and onto the grass...

The hole that you may notice in the gravel bed is where we will place a large pot/fountain/bubbler -- have to run some electricity there first (probably in the fall)...

Continuing around...

Looking down to the big corner bed...

Comments (20)