SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

New project: Wardrobe too burdensome

Annie Deighnaugh
6 years ago

Now that I've dropped 17 lbs, I've decided it's time to redo my wardrobe. I mean seriously redo my wardrobe. I've been digging in the attic and found old pants and jeans that fit me again and am trying on *every single item*...heck I managed to get in my 10,000 steps the other day without going for a walk, just from trying stuff on.

I have stuff my aunt gave my mom who gave it to me...I found the original shorts they gave us at work when they opened the fitness center--back in '85! And I have a whole box full of hair ornaments -- mind you my hair has barely been longer than a pixie since the 80s.

I have lots of clothes to wear for every day ... jeans and tops. I have enough for dirty work like painting or weeding.

But the issue is the dressy-casual: Go to lunch, go to a shower, go to dinner and a show, spend a day in the city. The closet is still overrun with suit jackets and trousers and shoes I haven't touched since I retired 7 years ago.

I want to put together a variety of *outfits* that can be worn for dressy casual and keep only them in the 'active' part of the closet. Everything else, will either be tossed, good willed, or stored for seasonal changeover.

The goal: outfits "to go". I am sick of trying on tops and pants and scarves and jewelry and shoes umpteen times before it all comes together for every single occasion. I'm sick of doing that! I hate having a full closet and *nothing to wear*.

Anyone else unburden themselves wardrobe wise?

Comments (92)