SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachem

Week 144 - To have or Not To Have - TV in the kitchen?

beachem
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Husbands with sports addiction. Parents with news addiction. Hours long cooking marathon. These are some possible reasons to have a TV in the kitchen.

In this age of electronics, there are options such as IPad, large phones etc but that larger TV screen and an out of the way location can be attractive.

What is your opinion on having a TV in the kitchen? If you have one, please share photos of your setup. What are the pros and cons.

I know Pipdog was wrestling with this and her hubby's desire but I don't know how it came out.

From my experience:

We only have one iPad and hubby lay claims to it. I've been using my iPhone in the kitchen to watch movies, listen to music while I do construction and working. However, when you're using it for hours, it has to be plugged in. Dragging that cord around the work zone is very dangerous. I've tripped more than once.

Furtheremore, trying to watch something together on an iPad or phone is tough.

Then there's the destruction factor. I'm on my third iPhone case and the phone itself is rather dinged from all the accidental drops. Having the phone in the middle of the working area is not conducive to its health. I also have to clean paint, debris or food off of it constantly.

The TVs we have in other rooms doesn't need a cable box as we use both a chrome stick and fire stick. Between the two, we never touched our one cable box. All we would need is a way to hide the TV when not in use.

Comments (30)