SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

More FFO's on Saturday

Julia WV (6b)
6 years ago

I'm about a week away from a typical peak bloom here. I still have about 12 cultivars that have not started yet and they are not late bloomers. No rain yesterday as the storm went around us but late this morning we did get a brief shower. Has turned quite cool now as the winds are coming from the northwest.

SPRING MYSTIQUE - this is not a great increaser nor a high bud count here but throws wonderful blooms each year. I got this from Carpenters Lily Farm a couple of years ago to do crosses with. Big bloom today and the scapes are a decent height.

BOSS LADY - surprised me with a much deeper color than the pink I'm use to seeing. This looks more rose but still a gorgeous large bloom. Height is about 30+. I have another planting of this in another bed which should start blooming too. Looking forward to compare the color on each of the plantings. Those bamboo sticks are surrounding this bed of Judy D. plants because the deer had started nibbling at the foliage in early spring. So far they have stayed away or maybe someone shot them...

CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR - reliable here.

MAUNA LOA - another reliable tall, well budded bloomer here.

PATTERN EVOLUTION - another great daylily here. Very impressive amount of scapes and buds. I got this from Margo and Jim about 3 years ago and just is a fabulous plant.

TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL - a bit off this year as I need to move it where it can have more room.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN - I think the scapes are a bit shorter this year. Good amount of scapes and buds. A keeper.

MAGIC OF OZ - another one which is coming up shorter than normal so far. Usually has a deeper color too.

WHIP CITY BREEZIE - Lori's intros do so good here but quickly become monsters.

WHIP CITY FLIGHTIE TIGHTY - another monster plant.

CONTINUING IN COMMENTS.................

Comments (10)