SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anon36963696

Need advice for placement of 2 Rose of Sharons...please!!

6 years ago

I impulsively purchased 2 Lavender Chiffon rose of Sharons (proven winners) without really any planning. I've been planting a perennial bed in the front of the house (South-West facing.) All of the colors so far are cool toned pinks, blues, lavenders, purples and whites. These Rose of Sharons would've looked beautiful! But...I realized far too late that they grow quite large! My two choices so far are to plant them on their own in the backyard by the deck, or to plant them in the middle of the perennial bed behind the 3 peonies (newly planted.) I'm hesitant to plant them in the bed because of their sheer size at maturity. Maybe one? Or maybe by the mailbox? LOL I have no idea...does anyone have advice? The perennial bed is 30 feet by 12 feet (at widest, roundest point, and 30 feet by 6 feet at the rest.) Lots of lilies, salvias, agastches, 9 rose bushes (6 newly planted cherry parfaits- got these thinking they were pink, not red :(, 1 drift rose, and 1 heritage rose, 1 knockout rose.), cheddar pinks, verbenas, phlox, daylilies, sage, etc. So, there's quite a bit already there...but I'm tempted to try and squeeze at least one of these in among them. Would that be a mistake? Should I just plant them by their lonesome so their beauty can be seen from the back deck? What would you do? Thank you :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored