SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tansunny

looking for matching fridge, stove, microwave

Angela M
6 years ago

Hello, I am hoping to replace my refrigerator, stove and microwave soon and I keep looking at different models and get scared out of buying anything. The stuff I have now is old and functioning, so although its not great (its whatever the builder put in the house and was a rental for many years), it does work, so my needs are not immediate.
I did recently replace the dishwasher and ended up with a Whirlpool b/c I thought I'd like having the silverware in the door. Its ok, but the average cycle is around 3 hours and 15 minutes minimum, which I am not thrilled about. I don't like to run things with heating elements when I am not home, which means I have to wait until after dinner...but we typically have enough dishes to run it twice.
Anyhow, after talking with some people who have Whirlpool fridges, I have decided that they don't have great customer service and I prefer not to purchase anything in their family. Samsung is also out after the nightmare I went through during their washing machine recall last year.
I should mention, I am just an average Jane consumer, and we don't know how long we will be in this house, but it could be 5-10 years. Could be 2, who knows? Not me. What I do know is I cook a lot, and I buy a lot of food. Therefore, I want the biggest fridge I can get my hands on without having water/ice in the door b/c that seems to always break.
As for the stove, I currently have electric, but the house does have gas for other things like the water heater. I would like to get a gas stove with a double oven (there are just two of us, so typically my oven has like one casserole or 2 sheet pans at a time...rarely an oven full of food). My microwave is currently above the stove. I am not opposed to finding a sideboard to put a microwave on and doing a range hood instead, but I imagine that is pretty expensive and again, no idea how long we will be here.
Oh, and the dishwasher is stainless. I really like the looks of the GE Slate appliances...does anyone recommend those? If so, does it look stupid to mix the slate with solid stainless appliances? The slate items do have stainless handles, so I am thinking maybe it would work. I am operating on the assumption that the house will likely be sold before the death of all these appliances.
Thanks for listening to me ramble!

Comments (31)