SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pugga

New home! Need some exterior advice.

pugga
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I just closed on this house last week and am very excited. There are some minor things to change on the exterior that I'd like some input on.

1. The current light fixture is one of those double-headed flood lights. Very utilitarian and very (IMO) ugly. What type and/or size fixture would you suggest instead?

2. I want to fence in a portion of the yard for a dog. Ideally, I'd like to fence the entire yard so I could let the dog out the front door but I don't see any way to do that with the position of the front door/steps and the driveway. Second choice is to start a fence enclosure to somehow include the stairs of the deck on the left side of the house and continue it around the back. I need as low maintenance as possible. I'm concerned a white vinyl fence will look dingy and get moldy (the yard is very shady) so I'm considering black aluminum but I'm open to all ideas. Also, the rail fence you see in the foreground is my neighbor's fence. The entire acreage is about 7300 sq. ft.

I haven't moved in yet so this is the only exterior picture I have at the moment. Mainly just trying to get some fence style ideas.

Comments (11)