SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delrey97

HATE my new wallpaper!!

sunshine home
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! First, please don't mind the ugly bedspread, I just used it last night since my new ones haven't been picked yet. I recently had new hardwood installed in my bedrooms, so I took the opportunity to change out everything in my bedroom as I was getting tired of it. So everything you see in here is new, including the bed and drapes. However, none of it actually looks nice together. I got this textured wallpaper yesterday behind the bed, and I really don't like how it looks once I put it up. I thought it would be a nice aqua texture similar to a grasscloth, however, the texture is so fine that it just reads as a painted wall from far behind, I could have just painted it a color I actually liked instead of the money and time put into this wallpaper. It looks very green at night.

What do you think I can do to pull this all together. No matter what I do, I hate the wallpaper so much. Someone suggested I paint right over it to keep some of the texture and avoid the problems with removing it. Should I do a stencil pattern on it, or perhaps stripes? I could just remove it and do another pattern, however there is way too much work involved.

I need to pick out night stands and a rug, however, I feel like dealing with this wallpaper first. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Comments (15)