SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parkermurray

What window treatment style for arched window in historic building?

Parker Murray
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all!

I'm moving into a pretty old (but renovated) building and want to figure out a proper curtain/window treatment solution for both the living area and the bedroom. Both windows are somewhat similar...the actual window in living area is arched whereas the bedroom window has an arched wood detail in front of two separately operating sliding windows. I had thought of potentially hanging curtains starting at middle bar of the window in living room, though I'm sure some will suggest to hang curtains on bar at top of ceiling? Three pictures show living area window, one with people standing in front for scale. Bedroom photo is from real estate listing (staged). Going for a pretty traditional look without being stuffy, to match the space. Bedroom window butts up against fire escape which people use to bring trash down, and window in front area living room is facing a busy urban street. Privacy would be nice, though I don't want to lose much light and I'm open to keeping transom area Please give any advice you can!

Bedroom Window

Living Window

Living with people for scale

Living window sill (black sill juts out about 7 inches)

Sidenote: I have four panels of dark gray IKEA AINA curtains in gray linen, which are quite long. If you think these might be worth using, please let me know!

Comments (8)