SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxoncalder

Menopause, Weight Loss and Overcoming Other Symptoms

jaxoncalder
6 years ago

I noticed a lot of the forum posts were talking about menopause symptoms ranging from night sweats, hot flushes, irritability, moods, body aches, bloating and weight management issues.

So I wanted to post up some information that you all might find helpful regarding some basic steps to help overcome those symptoms especially weight gain/ weight loss issues.

In my studies with women going through all forms of Menopause (pre, peri, full, post) I have found that there is an over hyphened focus on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or other forms of medication to treat the symptoms women are going through. However what I have discovered through working with women from all ages and menopause stages is that a lot of these practices can be avoided or delayed if you apply the below health steps into place.

I am not saying that women going through menopause don't need HRT or medication, but what I am saying is the majority almost 93% of the women I see can avoid it through first making the following health adjustments.

Adjustment to their basic nutrition

Adjustment to their lifestyle

Adjustment to their stress management

Adjustment to their activity levels

These adjustments don't have to be major, however even the slightest adjustment in all of these areas will have an immediate effect of dropping your symptoms by 60%. Through implementing planned adjustments in these areas you can eliminate 100% of the felt symptoms of menopause including weight related issues. I have seen and helped a lot of women who have felt hopeless to lose weight due to age and being in menopause, drop 5kg in 6 weeks through "holistically" focusing on the 4 areas.

A study was done relating to how body weight/ being overweight can be directly related to hot flushes and that in losing weight even slightly the symptoms decreased. This has to do with 1) losing weight makes your body healthier 2) the process of losing weight means you are actioning healthier habits.

So my biggest tip for most women going through menopause (not all) who want to lose weight and eliminate felt symptoms is to implement some changes in the above 4 areas of your life and if you feel your weight might be an issue make some small changes at lowering it and you will notice your symptoms will also slowly become controllable.

I know weight loss and weight management is a struggle a lot of women going though menopause face, so here is a great facebook group focused on helping women going through menopause lose weight. It provides great advice, tips and answers tough weight related questions.

It's called Menopause and Weight Loss Australia

https://www.facebook.com/groups/638415073016681/

Comment

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor