SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 6 - 25 - 17

User
6 years ago

Antoni Gaudi Quotes
Spanish - Architect June 25, 1852 - June 10, 1926

There are no straight lines or sharp corners in nature. Therefore, buildings must have no straight lines or sharp corners.
Antoni Gaudi

Nothing is art if it does not come from nature.
Antoni Gaudi

The straight line belongs to men, the curved one to God.
Antoni Gaudi

In the Sagrada Familia, everything is providential.
Antoni Gaudi

Those who look for the laws of Nature as a support for their new works collaborate with the creator.
Antoni Gaudi

Color in certain places has the great value of making the outlines and structural planes seem more energetic.
Antoni Gaudi

Copiers do not collaborate.
Antoni Gaudi

The creation continues incessantly through the media of man.
Antoni Gaudi

Because of this, originality consists in returning to the origin.
Antoni Gaudi

Anything created by human beings is already in the great book of nature.
Antoni Gaudi

Robert Henri Quotes
American - Artist June 25, 1865 - July 12, 1929

Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
Robert Henri

Do whatever you do intensely.
Robert Henri

I am interested in art as a means of living a life; not as a means of making a living.
Robert Henri

Know what the old masters did. Know how they composed their pictures, but do not fall into the conventions they established. These conventions were right for them, and they are wonderful. They made their language. You make yours. All the past can help you.
Robert Henri

A tree growing out of the ground is as wonderful today as it ever was. It does not need to adopt new and startling methods.
Robert Henri

There are mighty few people who think what they think they think.
Robert Henri

Good composition is like a suspension bridge - each line adds strength and takes none away.
Robert Henri

It will stick with you and show up for better or worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do.
Robert Henri

Genius is not a possession of the limited few, but exists in some degree in everyone. Where there is natural growth, a full and free play of faculties, genius will manifest itself.
Robert Henri

Crystal Eastman Quotes
American - Lawyer June 25, 1881 - July 8, 1928

I am not interested in women just because they're women. I am interested, however, in seeing that they are no longer classed with children and minors.
Crystal Eastman

It is all right for the lion and the lamb to lie down together if they are both asleep, but if one of them begins to get active, it is dangerous.
Crystal Eastman

The average man has a carefully cultivated ignorance about household matters - from what to do with the crumbs to the grocer's telephone number - a sort of cheerful inefficiency which protects him.
Crystal Eastman

Indifference is harder to fight than hostility, and there is nothing that kills an agitation like having everybody admit that it is fundamentally right.
Crystal Eastman

A good deal of tyranny goes by the name of protection.
Crystal Eastman

Until women learn to want economic independence, and until they work out a way to get this independence without denying themselves the joys of love and motherhood, it seems to me feminism has no roots.
Crystal Eastman

It is not so much that women have a different point of view in politics as that they give a different emphasis. And this is vastly important, for politics is so largely a matter of emphasis.
Crystal Eastman

I would not have a woman go to Congress merely because she is a woman.
Crystal Eastman

If the feminist program goes to pieces on the arrival of the first baby, it's false and useless.
Crystal Eastman

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus
More Discussions