SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darbebo

Confusion w/Licensed contractors +countertop Fabrication& installation

darbebo
6 years ago

Very "Technical" question....so many websites and people always said "get a licensed contractor to do your job!" - so I want to dig deeper....

I know some vendors that do cabinets/kitchen remodel will have a general contractor license (B license), but I was informed that:

1) Having that general contractor B license doesn't mean you are "certified" or licensed to fabricate or install countertop and to that end and

2) I was told by a slab vendor/fabricator/installer that no such license exist. This vendor didn't even have it and they do tiles, countertop, etc. They mentioned that if a company has a B-license they are typically also doing Cabinet work as well

So .....Is there actually a specific license for countertop FABRICATION and is there a separate license for countertop INSTALLATION?

To beat a dead horse....I know that anyone can install a countertop with or without a license (just like I can teach yoga without a license) but my question really is - Is there even such a license that exist for those 2 components?countertop trade/industry?

Let's discuss..thanks

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus