An update about our friends' son and his miracle.
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (23)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
I'm worried about our friends in California !!
Comments (79)Hi folks...I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We got back last Friday, and there was a TON of work waiting for me, garden and desk work. I have been very busy. No excuse. We were spared. The firemen were great. They even used this place as a 'base' of sorts one of the nights. What great men. It was ashy here, but I cannot complain. The deer have not been touching the roses (Liquid Fence, yay!) and we all returned to the best fall flush I have ever had. Thanks to all of you who have been so wonderful through all of this. Please keep in touch with e-mails too, it's great to hear from you. Amazing when you consider this thread has gone from all across the bottom 48 to England and Denmark and Italy. God bless you all! Jerome...See MoreUPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Swap Part 3
Comments (122)Klick, you can now put me as RECEIVED. Luna's/Jenell's box of wonderful gifts came today. And here is what she sent: -B&B Works lavender aromatherapy bath/shower gel that came in the shape of a champagne bottle -bath beads, bath salts, and bath fizzes -a bag full of Ghirardelli squares-milk chocolate with caramel filling-you used to send those to me two years ago--I still love them! -a cute flowered can cuzee with black feathers around the bottom-woowoo -white chocolate raspberry scented lip balm-it is awesome! -Life Savers fruit tarts-never had these before-really pucker your lips-sooo good! -a very cute flowered pen and sticky note paper set -stickers which I will take to school-the kids will love them -500 piece puzzle of a beautiful building surrounded by gorgeous flowers-I will also be taking this to school. When the kids have a bit of time toward the end of the period, I have a puzzle out for them to work on. This will be perfect! They love to do them. -a beautiful wrought iron scrolled wall hanging of two flowers with leaves and a butterfly. Jenell, I absolutely love this!!! Thank you so much! I can hang something from the end of it, too, I see. -some cool garden gloves-the kind that are porous material on the top so your hands can "breathe," and the palms are rubberized but not so thick that you can't pick up small objects. Great! -3 painted terra cotta planters on a terra cotta tray. Very Pretty. -a new journal with a gorgeous daylily on the front. Jenell, what a beautiful book you chose. I will be using this for my 2007 plant journal. Thank you for this, too. -lock de-icer -AND something I can't wait too take to school and display. A sticker that says WARNING-BEWARE OF THE TEACHER It's done in the usual warning signs that you see of black, red and white. Jenell, when I saw this I just burst out laughing. I LOVE it!!! DEFINITELY worth waiting for! -and last but not least, I now possess The Perfect Man. He's "sweet" and decadently "rich!" Just how a man ought to be!. It's 3.5 oz. of solid milk chocolate in the shape of a muscle man with white shorts with red hearts on them. This guy has a real 6-pak, short stumpy muscled legs, no neck, muscled arms, and a belly button. This is a HOOT! Maryanne, are you jealous??? Jenell, you really made my day with all of the fun, wonderful, and thoughtful things that you sent. If you were here, I would just hug you to pieces. Thank you so much for everything and for being such a wonderful bloomin' friend. Mary Ellen...See MoreUPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends December/Christmas Swap, Part Four
Comments (93)Oh my goodness girl, are you crazy? I was only the hostess, not your swap partner. WHAT A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy oh boy, did you jam pack this box and spoil me rotten! I received gold candy coins; an assortment of cocoa mixes; jelly belly Christmas mix; chocolate nut fudge; some mini candy canes and a Christmas pencil. There was also a package of pet greens - wheat seed and a dearly depotted (for the serial plant killer), this is too cool, I have never seen anything like this at all. Okay, this should have been enough, but theres more. A wall calendar; a set of Christmas tile coasters in a holder (these are excellent); a snowman candle and the cutest little bear that counts off the days until Christmas (there are 370 days until Christmas -- ARE YOU READY LOL); and the neatest candy stirrers another something I have never seen before; a magnetic santa notepad; two heresy chocolate bars and a set of candy cane lip gloss (which will feed my chapstick addiction). A wonderful keychain with a beautiful biblical verse on the reverse; a little mini game called "lot to love" (and its NOT a weight thang!); a charm bracelet; an issue of birds and blooms magazine; and the most magnificient smelling mason jar candle in the honeysuckle scent. I love it, its burning now - its smell is just so excellent. Im sitting upstairs and its lit sitting on the dining room table and the scent is just permeating the house. Honeysuckle takes me back to my youth and when I opened the jar, I had some fond, fond memories! I also appreciate the mini swiss army type knife that can go on a keychain. I had something very similar to this that broke off maybe not even a month ago and Im lost without it. This is GREAT!!!!! Wow Susann, you outdid yourself. The rules were "a little token to the host". You really put that over the top. This certainly qualifies as a swap box. I must say each and every one of my bloomin friends has been so kind, generous and giving to me as hostess. I feel so blessed and thank God for each of you. I enjoy our conversations and friendships, whether it is online, through mail or by telephone; and I certainly enjoy getting to know each and everyone of you a little more each and every day. You are all very special ladies, with such loving personalities and traits that rank very high in my book, with hearts of gold and green thumbs. It has certainly been my pleasure hosting this months swap but more so for the love, support and friendship you bring to this group. Ive been spoiled rotten by all the wonderful hostess goodies that I have already enjoyed or will enjoy soon or will treasure for a long time to come. Since everyone has received their swap box from their respective partner, THIS SWAP IS OFFICIAL CLOSED. Onward to fruitier things.take it away klick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with gratitude, maryanne...See MoreUPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Exchange
Comments (120)Hi All, I guess I missed all the July weirdness. I'm glad it didn't last too long. I'm for once getting behind on my box! I have stuff, but it is not yet enough, and I am so tired from work! And now the morons scheduled me to work 7 days in a row! I have next Wed. and Thurs. off, so I hope to have it out then. Michelle, Thunder happens during cold storms. The freak snow thing in Oct. here was weird that night because the power went out and all you couls hear was sirens, tree limbs breaking, and thunder. I do hope the coming weather is not as bad as they are making out to be. Maryanne, Lol! I have trouble putting away the crack pipe. I'm so sorry to hear that your neighbor is not just an idiot, but is a real creep!! I'm not sure how I would handle living next to someone like that. I'm glad you like the tomato seeds. I tried to make it as varied an assortment as I could. If anyone else needs tomato seeds, I still have lots of many kinds just let me know what you want in a tomato! No trade neccessary.(Jeanne you can probably guess I'm sending you some: ) ) Julie, Poo Poo Gaslight, lol! In my head I hear that stripping "Boom chicka boom". Change to "Boom caca boom!" Lol, the weird places mind goes. Did you see the post where I wrote that I had received a letter from Jeanette? She did seem ok. T2, "Cuz they fall for the beer-trick, too." Lol! Susie, I got the Japanese Beetles pretty good for the first time last summer! I sure hope that doesn't happen again. Have a good night everyone, Remy...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Stories

MODERN HOMESHouzz TV: A Son Builds on His Father’s Architectural Legacy
Architect Anthony Belluschi updates and expands a home that Northwest modernism pioneer Pietro Belluschi designed nearly 60 years ago
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: A Former New Jersey Firehouse Gets a Friendly Update
A designer guides her friend over the course of several years on a mission to make his apartment more cool
Full Story
DECKSA Family-Friendly California Yard Wises Up About Water
Pavers and unthirsty plants replace Kentucky bluegrass in a Menlo Park landscape for a family of 4
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Clean, Family-Friendly Update for a 1935 Home
The warm and classic style of this remodeled Spanish-style home is just right for a family of 5 in Southern California
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: A Warm and Eco-Friendly Update
A Seattle Couple Remodels Their 1920s Kitchen With Reclaimed and Salvaged Materials
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: A Father and Son’s Compact Design for a Family Home
The new house in New Zealand makes the most of a tight site and a tight budget
Full Story
COLORWhy My Son’s Room Will Be Red: An Expert Weighs In on Colors for Baby
Historical facts, trend recaps and enthusiastic support for painting your nursery any darn color you like
Full Story
LIFEThe Beautiful Thing About Dad's Chair
My father had his own spot in the house. His father had his own spot. Now I have mine
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSNew Style and Openness for a Family-Friendly Illinois Home
An interior designer updates his suburban family home with a light and airy palette of white, wood and warm gray
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: 1980s Home Updated for a Family’s Modern Lifestyle
An architect helps his sister and her sons make a fresh start in an English row house
Full Story
Texas_Gem