SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

An update about our friends' son and his miracle.

Early this month, I submitted a request for prayers and strong thoughts for the young son of some good friends. He had become suddenly ill, resulting in his major organs beginning to shut down. He was able to recover the function in everything but his 20-something year old heart. Just a few days after his admittance to the hospital, he was put at the top of their transplant list....and a heart suddenly became available.

My last update to you was that Michael was being moved from ICU to a lesser level of care and was doing well.

I know that you will be so happy to know that two days ago, he was discharged from the hospital and returned to his own apartment (near Vanderbilt Hosp.) with one or both of his parents as roommates for the time being.

He has gained weight, is eating like a horse, exercising regularly, regular heart biopsies indicate a low rate of rejection issues.

We have also learned that the donor was an athlete and that his heart was the best of the best. The man had taken care of his body in every way and was able to bequeath an extraordinarily vigorous heart to Michael, who had also been a healthy, active young man before his sudden illness.

I just wanted you to know the latest news.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor