SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bk_iowa

Anderson window quality??

6 years ago

Has anyone used Anderson windows in the recent years/months? When we built our current house nine years ago, we got Anderson 400 series and we've loved them. No issues whatsoever, yinyl jambs, maintenance free, they have been wonderful. Fast forward to this week when we had our current windows installed, we came in to find what looks like cheap Menards windows with painted jambs that are supposed to be "low maintenance". We ordered 400 series in the main, 200 for the garage. Imagine my dismay when we discovered the ones on the main were of lesser quality than the ones in the garage, which had a vinyl jam instead of painted. The rep's response was "they are made in different factories" which I can understand however when you purchase a step up and one of their top lines, one would expect them to be better quality. I literally can gently push my fingernail on the jamb and it breaks through with not much force to show the pine below. As you can imagine, I already have several places on the windows that the paint had been broke through and thus, are no longer white but rather you can see the pine underneath. The rep even told us to "glue" the paper down in one area that it is pulling up. When we emailed our specs to the lumber yard, it clearly red maintenance free vinyl jambs etc, the lumber yard rep said he too was expecting the vinyl jambs, yet no one wants to do anything but "glue" the paper down that is pulling up. We have three times the amount of windows in this house, we purchased what was supposed to be high quality windows and now I'm looking at them thinking they can't even handle shipment/install without having issues, how are they going to hold up for 20+ years? Does anyone have any experience with them recently to help put my mind at ease?

Comments (5)