SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eljardindelaalegria2014

It does not look exactly like a 'cane barers roses' problem.

Since the spring began two rose bushes in my garden every day were worse. The two roses are Rosa 'Fallstaff' and Rosa 'Madame de Sévigné'

Last season they began to be decayed, lacking in vigor, with spots on the leaves, with virtually no flowering. They did not grow practically and were very weak.

In the end I decided to change their location this winter. Now they are in two different areas of the garden.

These are the symptoms they present:

* Stains on the leaves (which were difficult to identify with a particular fungus or with some nutrient deficiency) since they had spots of all kinds.

They did not appear to be stains of oidium or black stain

* Branches with areas of very dark color in the bark

* Very aged areas, with gray lines (like branches that have many years)

* The small lateral branches that had to carry the flowers, died the majority.

* They have not come to flourish (they have not even formed buds)

* Weak appearance in general.

* Lack of growth and vigor.

* Lack of turgidity in the leaves.

So that you can advise me better I give you some information.

* I do not use chemicals in my garden (neither insecticides nor fertilizers nor fungicides ... nothing! 1)

* I try to control fungi and pests with products like potassium soap or nettle. only.

* I use organic fertilizers which makes it difficult for the roots to burn. In any case the other rosales are well and these two received the same dose.

* Both were transplanted in the middle of winter. That is, they were in a vegetative stop.

* There are no such frosts in my area that could damage them.

The same happened last year ... there was no way to get them back.

Today I have decided .... maybe it is very drastic but I have cut all the branches until almost down. I hope the two rose bushes will sprout from below and form new branches, healthy and vigorous.

Once I cut the branches of the two roses my surprise was that inside the stems there was exactly the same:

Rose 'Falltaff'
had much of its stems with a kind of galleries. I've been cutting every few inches to try to find some insect inside. I have not found anything.

I have tried to make macrophotographs to see if they were very, very small insects but I have not come to appreciate anything.

It does not look exactly like a 'cane barers roses' problem. What do you think?

These pictures are from Fallstaff '

It only allows me to put 10 pictures, so I will put MS pictures in the post post.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz