SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikerno_1micha

Do you make the time to "smell the roses"??

myermike_1micha
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Seems like life is just once big rush. People always scurry, hurrying to get some where and never having enough time to actually enjoy the simpler things in life, like smell their flowers, especially roses..

Some don't even make the time to wake a few minutes early and walk about their yard to enjoy them.
I have neighbors that grow all kind of roses, and know plenty others that just grow them and never take a moment to whiff them before they fade, and then the next thing you know it's fall, or the rose season is over.

I on the other hand, always spend a few moments on both sides of the day, morning before I head to work, and evening before it gets dark after work, to take a good walk through, sniffing every rose I have and looking for anything that might bring harm to them.

Every morning, I make sure they are well hydrated for the day, especially the potted ones and I deeply water once a week with water even if it has rained. I use a rain gauge that tells me if I even get enough rain for the deeper roots to get a drink, or if there is enough water to soak deeper than the layer of mulch I keep around them.

Not a day goes by that I don't make the time to 'smell the roses'...

What about you?

Mike))

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus