SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn_gw

Corner spa (above ground) privacy in screened in porch (aka Lanai)

karyn
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm looking for ideas on something tall and flat to grow or put behind in a corner of a screened in lanai. It doesn't have to be completely opaque - but hopefully low/no maintenance. Just more or less so it reduces people in the spa from being in plain sight from the outside of the lanai.

One aesthetic/visual I sort of imagined would be a thin line of 6' high bamboo growing on those two outer walls just behind the unit (but inside the lanai) - or faux bamboo plants etc. (layout and sketch attached)

But it could be something else entirely - the spa is being delivered on Thursday so I have to decide how/where it will be located (right up against the screen wall - or leave space). The neighborhood is completely under fascist HOA rulers that forbid home owners to plant anything in the actual ground outside the lanai. Thus the idea to landscape INSIDE the cage.

One reason I would NOT want actual bamboo plants - bugs and spiders. Not things you want to join you in the spa tub. Vinyl lattice or bamboo roll, is a little too cheap looking - any other ideas that won't break the bank and have nice appeal and function?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH