SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Brazilian Stak House?

sushipup1
6 years ago

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I draw the line at eating it. Well not exactly, But I sure lost my appetite.

My son and DIL took us to such a place for Father's Day dinner. Admittedly, the place was probably crammed busy since brunch, and felt a bit 'used' on the holiday. And I also will admit that I eat less and less meat as I get older. My tastes have changed. When we have steaks at home, I eat maybe 3 bites. I still enjoy meat in dishes, but big hunks of meat don't appeal.

So the servers carry around large skewers of meat and carve at the table. You don't order leg of lamb or a sirloin, but can have both, or all of the offerings. Accompanied by a salad bar. The server plunks down the cutting board and holds the skewer at a perpendicular to cut it. So for my son to get served on my left, I was staring at the meat right at my face. Talk about losing my appetite!

Luckily, there was a nice salmon served from a platter.

Have you ever been to a Brazilian steak house? Is this a recent trend in restaurants? Or a trend that's dying out (oh, I hope so)? The place was busy with families for Father's Day, and I guess big meat eaters could like it. But I won't be back.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!