SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Take a ride on my Compton Carousel production line

greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Had to do a repot and separation of my CC's last week. They have done famously and I now have several generations of this stunning Echeveria....enjoy!

Mother plant, unrooted at present as it had grown quite a stalk...

Elder daughter, who was also stalky and herself in the process of growing some sturdy new roots, hopefully!

the four grandkids from last season, all with own roots, they just need to grow up a bit more!

the great grandkids from under mother plants skirt still growing on her rootstock...

Finally, daughter plants efforts on her rootstock, not clearly visible are two really small ones. Realise the pots of these last two are big for the actual plants they contain, but they are as mentioned on their mother plants root-mass till they have grown bigger.

Looks like I now have around 17 in total :-)) they're all in a gritty mix of perlite, bark chips, horticultural gravel and c/s mix in roughly equal portions and a top dresssing of the gravel. The unrooted ones are currently in an east facing window along with the newly potted ones, and the two pots of tiny pups are in the g/h with the shade cloths pulled as we are experiencing what is now a 35C blistering summer here in the U.K....phew, we are so not used to this heat!

Gill

Comments (49)