SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexh1000

jackson Perkins mail order

alexh1000
6 years ago

Hi,

It seems that Jackson Perkins has a really good breeding program, lots of award winners but the mail order seems to be a little off. I ordered about a dozen roses and many minor issues and a couple of major issues.

One hybrid tea rose had the wire tag wrapped tight around the main stem. No big deal as I noticed but not everyone would.

The shipments were spread out by months which is Ok but a few had already sprouted 2-3" buds and then dried out. I was able to get them to sprout again but it took a long time and a few canes died.

They shipped 2 own root potted roses in a vertical box, one upside down. The upside down one crashed against the packing, all the stems broke and it never recovered. I buy most of my perennials mail order and I have never seen packing like this. Why not just pack horizontally side by side so bottom of pot is on the ground side. I think they did not want to make a new type of box for potted roses.

One of my hybrid teas just bloomed and based on color it's almost certainly the wrong type.

Anyone else have good/bad experiences?

I would e-mail them but I e-mailed them once on another matter and they never responded.

Comments (11)