SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
btjones86

New to succulents, need some help with this one!

Brad J
6 years ago

Hello everyone, I am glad I found this forum because I need some help! I got this succulent about a year ago and it was already leaning slightly. I had it inside by the window that gets the best light throughout the day, and while it grew, the lean got worse. I read that this is a sign it's not getting enough sun, so I put it outside where it gets PLENTY of sun daily. It has absolutely EXPLODED with all this new growth, but now it seems to still want to lean(which could just be the weight over powering it at this time), the leaves fall off very, very easy at the bottom, and all this new blossoming is kind of neat, but I'm wondering if it's going to bad for it in the long run.

I have a few questions pertaining to this.

1. What type of succulent is this anyways? For future reference when trying to look up some help.

2. Is it even supposed to be growing a "trunk", or should the new growth be like a flower, low to the soil like so many I see? (It came to me with that "trunk")

3. Do I trim this down and start new plants? If so, How do I go about that?

4. Pertaining to the lean, can I stick a rod into the soil and try to hold it up loosely with wire or zip tie so that it's not that bad of a lean?

I have really enjoyed seeing this thing explode in the last two months, but I'm concerned it may be too much for it to handle! I am very much a beginner when it comes to this type of stuff, but I think I may enjoy having multiple if that's what will be best for this plant!

I look forward to seeing your responses and thank you in advance for your help!

(FYI the pot does have a nice drainage hole at the bottom and the rocks on top are only single layer for decoration. If this is something that shouldn't be, I can take them off!)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County