SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mawizz

Need help with pantry options pleez!

MaWizz
6 years ago

I currently have a double bifold door pantry that is between the kitchen and dining room my kitchen guys suggested that I could make that more of an official butlers pantry/dry bar area. The idea sounds really nice but I'm torn on what to do. I have loved using that area to store all kinds of things behind those big closed doors :) The only thing I was going to do there the was change out the louvre doors for 6 panel like the rest of the doors throughout the house and store my microwave in there. He is suggesting removing the doors and opening up the space and having upper and lower cabinets with wine/beverage fridge in that space rather than in the kitchen per original plan and putting a drawer MW where wine cooler was going to go in kitchen. He also said I could do all glass front upper cabinets which would make it not so dark and add upper and lower cabinet lighting to bling it up a bit. Again sounds great but it is extra $$$. I believe he said maybe an extra $3k. I'm thinking now is the time if we want to do it. I do have plenty of storage elsewhere if I do decide to do it. But it is also extra money. What would you do? On one hand I like the practicality of the big double door pantry on the other hand I like the idea of updating that area as well with a blingy butler pantry/dry bar where the cabinetry is extended in the space and wine/beverage cooler is out of the main kitchen. Thoughts?

Comments (19)