SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haley_muraki

How bad is this tile job?

H M
6 years ago

We are first time home owners, very green in the world of home renovations. We feel like our contractor has totally taken us for a ride.

I'm pretty sad about the condition of the tile job in the shower. Every edge is shakily cut, the grout is uneven, everything is slipped down, the surfaces are wavy and the tile shower floor is hard to stand on. They're working on the kitchen backsplash now (it's not grouted yet) and I fear it'll be just as bad when it's done.

I didnt take a whole lot of pics but here is what I have. Any suggestions from the community to what to do next? The contractors seem very reluctant to make any changes. I want it fixed but I'm a softie and they keep avoiding the issue.

In the pics: example of shaky cuts etc of shower, slipping, wavy surfaces, and bad cuts in shower cubby (the floor of the shower looks the same as the cubby) ungrouted WIP kitchen backsplash.

Advice please!! The shower and kitchen is paid for but we're still holding onto about $6k that's due at completion for other things in the house. We also need to live here in a week- we've been in a hotel for a while, and this is what these guys completed after a month's work.

Comments (7)