SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fayewolfie

Scope of work cost for labor seems reasonable? SF bay area-HELP

Faye Chu
6 years ago

I've used this contractor for my kitchen and he did a great job. Now I need to get my master bathroom done and its so expensive. The demo of the vanity and installation is $2300???!!!

Would it be cheaper for me to buy a new vanity? My current one is 88 inches...

Master Bath around 10ft x8ft

I'm in the Peninsula of the SF Bay area if that makes it more $$

The shower stall enclosure is freaking me out the most because it's not standard size, and I don't know how much the material is going to cost me.

he did say that he is quoting each inidividual work since I wasn't sure what to do yet, but when lump together it will be a bit cheaper.

I dont' know what a hand made stand shower is, so maybe I can nix that. We have the ugliest shower head from the 70s, one shower head and two knobs on the bottom. maybe i can find one that utizlizes the same holes but less ugly??

Also, do you need to remove toilet to install tiles??

THANK YOU!

1. 2/F bath room double vanity sink cabinet , granite counter top replacement

…………………………………………………………………$ 2300.00 ( labour cost )

Scope: demolish and disposal existing counter top, vanity sink, faucet.

Delivery , install, new granite slab, vanity sink, faucet ( material by owner )

Special light effect and architectural feature to be determined.

1. 2/F bath/toilet room flooring replacement…………..$ 2500.00 ( labour cost )

Scope : demolish, disposal existing carpet, tile floor, base broad , re do surface, disassembly / reinstall toilet , apply new cement broad base, apply new floor tile and new base broad ( material by owner ). But level vary will occur on intersection of carpet and tile floor.

1. Shower and bath tub surround apron replacement.

Scope: demolish wall and apron of shower and bath tub, relocate, reinstall new shower faucet, new bath tub faucet, new hand made stand shower, develop new cement base for tile wall and apron, apply new tile on shower wall and tub wall and apron.

………………………………………………………………$ 3500.00 ( labour )

For new hand made stand shower extra…………………….$ 1500.00 ( labour )

Demolish existing glass enclosure and reinstall $ 1500.00 ( labour )

Comments (17)