SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquafreeta1

General Questions: Fertilizer / Gritty Mix

Aquafreeta
6 years ago

Hello All! I have been lurking around a few mths now gathering info and advice from the forums. A lot of good info here, ty! I just have a few ques that I saw multiple answers to or am still looking for answers to that I cannot find or have missed. I have a Draceana Massangeana (corn plant) with multiple stalks planted at different levels and wanted to know how you deal with watering in gritty mix. I have noticed my other smaller plants in the gritty mix will dry out in the first few inches but still be wet at the bottom. It's mininal so not a big deal in those but since there are roots higher up I don't want to underwater the top and overwater the bottom. I have read some about wicking so that is an option too. Also, I will be getting the Foliage Pro eventually but was wondering if I could finish out the MG all purpose I have first or should I just toss and start over now. I bought it last yr before I really got into all of this so still had it. Bought Espoma Grow this yr but just read you can't use that with the gritty mix since it's organic. One more thing, we have well water and I read you shouldn't use the soft water for plants but is it ok to use the hard unfiltered stuff or just use distilled until i get my rain barrels going? Some say it's ok, some say too much iron. I really appreciate all the info here, keep up the good work!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!