SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
portumanowar

New to succulents, worried I might be killing them

portumanowar
6 years ago

Hey guys! I'm new here & ive been reading all I can get my hands on about succulents & cacti (mostly succulents since I don't have any cacti) but I'm worried that my inexperience is gonna kill my plants. I've purchased succulent soil from Bonsai Jack, I use terra-cotta pots with drainage holes, some are inside in an east facing window, the rest are out on my front porch which is west facing & I only water when they're dry (about once a week or less if I forget) & most of them seem happy. I live in Georgia & ive decided to try to put some of my babies outside for the summer (the ones on my porch)
but I worry it's too humid here. I've attached some pics of what I think is a Kalanchoe luciae that I have outside who just seems to be not loving it. I wanted to put him outside because I know they like full sun & fhe other one I have grew alright but was clearly not happy inside with the other succulents in the east facing window. He came with the bumps & weird spots on his leaves & im wondering if they're indicative of anything bad or they're just normal plant stuff that happens over time or during transport or whatever. Please help if you've got any ideas or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments (6)