SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosneha

Granite BS behind range with glass mosaic tiles around

rosneha
6 years ago

Hello,

We are doing white shaker style cabinets. Our floor is cinnamon-maple hardwood. We haven't decided on a countertop yet, but leaning towards Moon White. Most likely we will end up with some shade of white with minimal movement as its a U kitchen and continuity at turns would be an issue.

I've always wanted full back-splash with glass mosaic tiles. But now when I am looking at them, grout lines are HUGE!! I am told that epoxy grout is very good and not as troublesome as regular ones. I am still not sold on having any sort of grout lines behind range.

My question is:

1) Is it ok to do granite back-splash with glass mosaic or subway tiles all round? We will have plenty of extra slab, however it is 3cm. Is that too thick for backsplash?

2) How far up can I go with granite slab? We will have a hood over the range.
https://www.costco.com/Ancona-Elite-WPE-Stainless-Steel-Pyramid-Wall-Mount-Range-Hood-30%22-or-36%22-Width-with-620-CFM.product.100244808.html

Original plan was to do tile all the way up till the ceiling. I am assuming 3cm granite would be too heavy to go that high.

If granite stops at hood, should we just leave bare walls above it or continue up top with tiles that will be around granite on sides?

Any suggestions on BS tile color-pattern are appreciated as well. Its our first kitchen remodel and everything is so confusing!

Thanks.

KT

Comment