SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nish11an

Is this rose mosaic? Or is it something else?

nish11an
6 years ago

I got this Fragrant Cloud HT rose a few months back, and I had originally put it in a really sunny location and it was doing great, as you can see from the photo of the plant itself, which is from about a month ago. However, I had to move the plant a few weeks back, since I need to move to a new location, and currently the plant is on a balcony that doesn't receive such long hours of direct sun. However, it will go back to full sun within a few weeks. So I noticed powdery mildew on it a couple of weeks ago, which I sort of expected given the lack of sunlight and ventilation. I have been spraying it with fungicides every week to control the mildew infection. Recently, within the span of the last week, I also noticed that some of the lower and older leaves have started dropping and show yellow patterns and yellowing in general. I have attached a photo of some of the leaves. Is this due to rose mosaic virus? Or is it something else, like lack of light or nutrition, fungal infections, etc? I have a weekly watering schedule and I fertilize monthly with a water soluble fertilizer. I am really worried about a possible viral infection, and any help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)