SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Help, I Need Opinions on Outfts for Wedding & Cancun Trip!

LynnNM
6 years ago

I was just whining on another thread here about not having a dress for a wedding we're attending in Austin in a couple of weeks. And then I remembered another LBD of mine in the back of my closet and it's perfect. At least, I think it is. We New Mexicans don't dress up too all that often (LOL) and I forget what I have. The morning after the wedding, though, we fly down to a resort in Cancun. I don't think the dress will work down there, and both sets of jewelry (below) are very expensive and I'm worried about the chance of theft there, as well. I could perhaps bribe DD into taking my dress and jewelry home with her to our house on her way back to grad school (she's a bridesmaid in the wedding). Anyhoo, do you think the green turquoise is too casual? Although, most people these days wear a lot of very bold costume jewelry. This is bold, but definitely the real stuff.

OK, here I am in my dress, with messy, uncombed hair and minimal makeup, but you can see the jewelry. And, yes, my hair is brown, although DD tells me it's considered light brown here in NM. Oh, and the dress fits smoothly across the top, not gathered as it seems to be in this pic:

Here's the dress on a hanger in my bathroom (sorry, this was done in a hurry!)

Close-up of jewelry:

And here are my boldest pearls that I could wear, along with my diamond watch to help me look a little more dressy. I have 3 sets of pear earrings I can wear. This is just one of them:

I'll be back with Cancun outfits, but I need to get dinner started!

Comments (34)